Thursday 23rd July 2020
As you will know the wearing of face coverings in shops will become mandatory from midnight tonight. This is purely for the protection of retail staff. Shop workers have been confirmed to be 75x more likely to be affected by Coronavirus, and this is simply down to the number of people they are exposed to an a daily basis who are outside their usual social circle. Wearing a face covering is not for our protection as shoppers, but for theirs. However it was difficult to understand where us as a beauty salon fitted into this ruling.
Following some much needed clarification from the Government today over the wearing of face coverings in shops we can share the following update.
Today, the Government have confirmed:
Masks will not be mandatory in indoor venues which have other safety measures in place, including:
- Eat-in restaurants
- Hairdressers and salons
- Gyms and leisure centres
- Cinemas, concert halls and theatres
- Visitor attractions like museums
The important part here is “which have other safety measures in place”. You will no doubt be aware by now that we have plenty of safety measures in place, but there are times of the day and certain circumstances in the body of the salon where social distancing becomes difficult to maintain.
We therefore have to modify slightly the rules of the salon during this next phase.
As we open on Friday 24th July the following rules apply:
- Face coverings must be worn as you enter the salon, during the check-in procedure and whilst you are waiting for your treatment.
- You will be able to remove your face covering during your appointment so long as your stylist / therapist is behind a visor or screen.
- Follow the guidance for removal of your face covering, ie do not touch the front of the covering, and store safely.
- Keep your face covering with you, DO NOT place it on a surface in the salon.
- Sanitise your hands after touching your face covering.
- After your treatment is finished, face coverings should then be worn before you move around the salon.
- You are, of course, welcome to leave your face covering in position throughout your visit if that makes you more comfortable.