Ready, Steady …
As we are sure you all know by now, Revive Hair & Beauty will be opening for hair appointments only on Saturday July 4th. This is not quite the re-opening we hoped for, and clearly the party will have to wait, but we look forward to welcoming you all back over the next few days. As we are waiting to hear about the lifting of restrictions on beauty treatments, both Heather and Isla will remain on furlough for the time being, but stylist Dani and our welcome new additional stylist Harry will be in the salon with Ann supervising Reception.
There are of course changes. The salon has moved around, and we have added certain equipment to help with our “Covid Security”. There are of course rules that we have to abide by and the “salon experience” will not be what it was for sometime to come.
Below are the steps we have put in place, and we would ask you to read and understand them as we will have to enforce them. These are on display in the salon and in the window too, and a copy of our risk assessment is available on request.
What We Have Done
1 OUR SALON
- We have undertaken a thorough review of our salon and services.
- We have rearranged the salon space to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Every surface will be cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate sanitiser between each appointment.
- All items of equipment will be disinfected before and after every service.
- Disposable gowns and towels will be used at all times.
- We will ensure adequate ventilation throughout the salon with doors and windows open where possible.
- We will, if required, extend opening hours and divide our teams into shifts whilst ensuring we retain social distancing.
2 OUR TEAM
- All team members are trained to care for our customers in a safe, hygienic and professional manner.
- We have agreed social distancing for our team in communal staff areas.
- Staff have been briefed to not attend the salon if they have a temperature, or are feeling unwell or if any person in their household is unwell or is self-isolating.
3 OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- We have reviewed our service menu and removed any that we feel will be unsafe at this time.
- Our team will wear gloves, visors and aprons on the salon floor and all team members will wash their hands before and after every client interaction.
- PPE will be replaced or sanitised after every client.
- New clients will have a virtual consultation to assess their service needs and ensure the right appointment time is allocated.
- In-salon consultations will be done at the styling station and via the mirror to minimise face-to-face interaction.
What We Ask Of You
4 CLIENT ARRIVAL AND RECEPTION
- We will not be accepting walk-ins, you must pre-book.
- We will stagger customer appointment times.
- We will greet your warmly but without a handshake or a hug.
- Clients will be asked to wash their hands when they arrive at the salon.
- Hand sanitiser must be used before your treatment commences.
- Clients must minimise what they bring as you will be asked to keep all belongings with you.
- A screen has been installed at reception.
- A dividing screen has been installed in the hair salon.
- Screens have been installed at the nail desks.
- We ask that you use card or cashless means where possible.
- Please follow the floor markings and instructions.
- There is no waiting area in the salon.
- You will be escorted to your stylist/therapist ASAP.
- Our stylists and therapists will wear the appropriate PPE as directed by Government guidelines.
- All areas and workstations will be cleaned and sanitised after each appointment.
- Disposable gloves, capes and aprons will be used.
- All towels will be laundered after each client.
5 WE ASK YOU, OUR CLIENTS TO:
- Arrive at the time of your appointment, or NO MORE than 5 minutes before.
- If you are early, please stand outside or wait in your car.
- You are welcome to bring a face covering.
- We ask clients to attend their appointments alone with two
- One SINGLE minor is to be accompanied by ONE supervising adult only. (The supervising adult is responsible for the minor at all times.)
- One SINGLE vulnerable adult can be accompanied by essential carers only.
- The childrenʼs art and reading table has been removed from the salon.
- We will not be serving refreshments. If you wish to bring a beverage with you (no food) please support The One Stop or Coffee at No 9.
- We will not have magazines in the salon.